Sharmin Banu has 20 years of diverse experience as an executive coach and as a technology leader. She specializes in coaching leaders, and seasoned professionals in the high-tech industry develop their emotional intelligence (EQ) and executive presence, resulting in leadership excellence, team collaboration, and desired career transitions. She believes the key to sustainable excellence is self-awareness and the ability to “search within ourselves” and align with our core values. Without this foundation, all other “how-to” training bears very little long-term benefit. Sharmin helps her clients tap into their intrinsic motivation, leading to the deeper levels of engagement and sustainable excellence essential for thriving. As someone who has lived the life of a software engineer and a manager in corporate settings, including nine years at Microsoft, Sharmin understands the challenges first hand and speaks the language of the engineers. Sharmin’s clients include Executives and Senior Managers at Microsoft, Expedia, Boeing, and Amazon.
Sharmin holds a BS and MS in Computer Science. She is a proud Hokie from Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA. She is an International Coach Federation (ICF) Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with extensive experience in executive and career coaching. Her coaching competency is supplemented with accreditations in EQ in Action, Organization & Relationship Systems at Work (ORSC), Team Coaching, Mentor Coaching and Tilt 365 Positive Influence Predictor for Individual and Teams.
- Designed and facilitated group workshops for career and leadership development
- Written over 50 articles to date on leadership and personal growth. Published articles in reputed online sites including ICF and Human Capital Institute(HCI)
- 2018 President of International Coach Federation(ICF) Washington Chapter – The 5th largest ICF chapter in the US.
- Vice President – Coached for personal branding resulting in a new role and a promotion within three months, ahead of expected time, later coached to transition to the new role resulting in a smoother than anticipated hurdles in transition and a renewed commitment from the existing team.
- Engineering Manager – Coached for higher team performance resulting in recognition among the leadership and peer groups, higher workplace health index, and improved work-life balance for herself.
- Technical Sales Executive – Coached for next career move in 1-2 years; within six months, successfully transitioned to a new role with a bigger scope and more alignment with his passion.